Gas Hob & Gas Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 1No bayonet gas connection. Currently the oven and hob are electric. I want to replace these with gas fueled items. Does the gas hob connect to the gas oven and then the oven connect to the supply? Or do I need another spur?

Ta

Sponsored Links
Only a free standing cooker can connect to a bayonet fitting.

A fixed hob will required rigid/semi-rigid piping.

A CORGI fitter will know about this.

Depends on manufacturers instructions. Some allow flexi connections and others wont.

Iam like Dan with this, I always fit hobs piped with own Issolation, and oven on flexi hose, so it will draw out for service/ repair ect.

Wrong Dan many built in ovens come with there own flex to allow easy fitting and removal and hob MFI will state if it can be fitted on a flex and under what circumstances. A corgi fitter would know this ;)

In reply to original question there where some built under ovens that had the hob attached , but you will need 2 seperate supplies to each part usually

Sponsored Links
Being a lazy git, Q - if nothing flexy comes with a built in oven, doesn't it have to be a rigid connection?

I've never fitted a gas b-i oven!

As always the MI's are king - aparently you can get flexible metal pipes but I have never seen 'em....

I would be very cautious about using a rubber hose even if the MI's said it was OK.

Yes Dan I know MI's rule, but I can't remember what the BS says.

Pretty difficult to instal a b-i oven on rigid pipes

I had to to a separate hob and oven in a normal kitchen unit/work top - what a complete phucker it was too. Coils of 8mm tube and looks of slices out of my hand. I was not a happy chappy. :evil: :evil:

Semi-rigid though....

I can't remember the BS either let me see if I have it too hand....

stick with rigid pipework for hob and a flexible cooker hose for oven and you shouldn't get any bother so long as it is gas sound and done by a registered engineer and anyway ££££££ORGI won't give a toss as there is no money in it for them.

Dan_Robinson said:
Only a free standing cooker can connect to a bayonet fitting.

A fixed hob will required rigid/semi-rigid piping.

A CORGI fitter will know about this.

Wrong again eh Dan ;)
29 years young and knows it all :rolleyes:

I notice you haven't posted any wise words VOTM... Must be a sad existence spending your time monitoring forums for the odd slip up from professionals.

I think I admitted my mistake long before you piped up.

Perhaps you could enlighten us oh poorly endowed one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back