Swapping PIR for humidistat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Apologies for the lazy question. It's been a long day and my brain is fried. Feel free to tell me to bu**er off and find the answer for myself.

We've got a single inline fan serving two internal rooms (WC & bath) parallel switched by two PIRs (one in each room).

I want to swap the bathroom PIR for a humidistat, but I'm not 100% sure of the wiring, assuming it is actually possible with the current setup.

Below is a photo of the bathroom PIR as it is currently wired.

diynot_pir.jpg

The humidistat is a Manrose 1361 with the following connections:

Mains live
Switched live
Mains neutral
Fan neutral
Fan live

Further info (not sure if it's pertinent): the fan has its own isolator switch in the kitchen, where it is sited, and there is no interaction/control from the light switches for either the WC or the bathroom - it's all down to the PIRs.

My hope is that some kind soul will forgive my ignorance/laziness and tell me that, yes, it's possible, and this is where you put the wires.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Andy thanks worked a charm!

Impudence I did check the wiring diagram first but I'm not a spark and wasn't sure which wire was which, given that I didn't want to wire it exactly as per the diagram.

All done now though - thanks again Andy :)

Regarding the earth - the PIR was originally fitted by an electrician. I can see the PIR unit has an earth terminal which was not connected, but the humidistat doesn't have an earth terminal and it's got a surface mount ABS pattress so no metal wall box to connect earth to, so where would it go?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back