Swiftflow Boiler Loss of pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help me with my Boiler problem.
I recently bled the radiadors on my CH system and topped the system back up to just under 1 Bar. the Central heating system worked fine for a couple of days and then I noticed the pressure had dropped to just above zero, so I topped up again - the pressure was maintained at just under 1 Bar all day and fired up ok in the evening and shut down again as timed ok as I went to bed . the next morning the pressure had dropped again to just above zero.
after a quick scan around I found that the water was leaking out through the external pipe of the PRV.
However the system when cold maintains a constant 1 bar pressure and when warm maintains a pressure of around 2 Bar, and its only when it cools down that it decides to dump the cups worth of water out of the external pipe.
I'm looking at replacing the PRV or is there a way of cleaning its seating or am I barking up the wrong tree ??????
Any help on this would be gratefully received.

Cheers. ;)

Sponsored Links
See BOILER PRESSURE PROBLEMS in the ref section - you need to repressurise.

ChrisR said:
See BOILER PRESSURE PROBLEMS in the ref section - you need to repressurise.
Sorry Chris, i'm probably being a bit thick, but where is the ref section, been around site and back but still can't find it.

ok, now i feel daft (I just found the ref. section sticky) I,ll give the repressurising a go this weekend.
Cheers. :oops:

Sponsored Links
The boiler is a swift flow 75 with an internal expansion vessel fitted to the rear, for access to the EV the whole boiler has to be removed from the wall, is there a way of checking its function before I have to remove the boiler?????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back