Switch over relay or roll your own?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi Folks,

I want to split off some of the rings to run off an invertor. I want to fail back to grid at certain times.

I could make my own switch-over set with two 63A contactors (one NO, one NC with interlock) but was wondering if there is something better / more compact etc.

The split rings will be fed from a separate CU which will be fed from the main CU via a 63A isolator / MBC as well as the invertor.

As the invertor is only 2KW (2.2 peak) there will be times when it might trip out due to overload, I switch it off etc etc, when this happens, it will fail back to the mains at which point the switchover setup could have to deal with full load of 32A * 2 rings.

Than ks

Cheers,
Crispin

Sponsored Links
What are you trying to achieve ? why run on an invertor when there is mains available ?

If the load on the circuits that the invertor may be supplying can be as high as 32 amps then you would need to shed load ( dis-connect appliances ) before closing the contactor to the invertor. Without load shedding before closing to the invertor the invertor will be overloaded when it takes on the load.

You could do this manually by going round turning items off at the sockets or you could automate the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back