Switchmaster 805 dial not rotating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am totally new to this forum. But I am hoping that I will surely get an answer to my questions. I just bought the house and it has
Potterton Boiler system
Switchmaster 805 control
Teddington thermostate

Boiler system works manually and via thermostat but dialer on the 805 does not rotate automatically. So to start, I had to manually turn the knob on the boiler. Keeping thermostat to 0, I can get hot water. Keeping thermostat to desired temp, turning the knob ON gives hot water and CH. As winter is on its way, I have to fix this issue.
I am looking at various forums and it shows the replacement side but I am not sure if my Switchmaster 805 is faulty or wiring is faulty? I am willing to buy new timer if I can confirm that it will work. So couple of questions,
How do I confirm that my Switchmaster 805 works?
What is the function of Randall box underneath switchmaster 805?
Will replacement of compatible Switchmaster work in this condition?
Can someone recommend replacement for this please? (So far I found Channelplus H21XL)

I would be grateful if someone can advise

Thanks
TK

Sponsored Links
Any dual channel programmer will replace it.
The box underneath it a wiring centre for your Central Heating :)

Your programmer is going to be pushing 30 years old, so it can't hurt to change it :)

Depending on the design of the system it can be setup to run water and heating independent of each other, if its a gravity system with no zone valve then its a simple case of linking the channels allowing your thermostat to control your pump during a on period.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tom1981 and OwainDIYer for your quick replies.

Really useful to me as I have just started doing DIY first time in our new home.

If I buy Channelplus H21XL and replace it with alteration of wire, I think that will fix my issue?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back