System boiler always calling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a logic s30 boiler with hot water tank, 2 diverter valves and programmer. All just over 2 years so out of warranty.

up until recently everything worked great, now a small issue.

If I set programmer for heating only works great.

I I set programmer for hot water, either with or without heating, the boiler will run but no actually burning or heating. However, if I use the hot water and tank realises the need and calls then the boiler will flame and work as normal.

it is like the fan or pump is constantly running when activated by programmer.

I m considering going down hive route, but obviously need make sure system is working first.

BTW I can still get heating and hot water as required.

thanks

KS

Sponsored Links
sounds like you have an external control fault, do you have an S plan or a Y plan system, pics of everything you have are best

Sounds like you have a sticking end switch on one of the valves

Sponsored Links
Thanks Ian,

I never thought of the motorised valve, they are danfoss hpa 2, so I am guessing then the switch is permanently closed and testing by the orange grey would confirm?

Thanks Ian,

I never thought of the motorised valve, they are danfoss hpa 2, so I am guessing then the switch is permanently closed and testing by the orange grey would confirm?
yep when the motor is fully engaged,it makes the end switch , this signals the boiler to fire (makes the grey and orange) both switches are wired together, making the valve manualy open does not make the end switch, but they are prone to sticking, very cheap parts

Thanks Ian,

so now confused,

traced to the wiring centre, disconnected the aux circuit on HW valve, and tested the boiler and all worked so, replaced the HW actuator, danfoss hpa2 so complete actuator,

restested system and still have the same fault.

totally confused dot com

Please any further ideas that may help

To be honest your post is very confusing, have you changed any wiring ? The prime suspect would be the Cylinder thermostat, definately an external control fault somewhere or wiring fault, its not tha boiler and no changing to Hive wont solve the problem , you will have to sort the problem then fit hive,it is simply two switches exactly the same as you already have

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back