system boiler settings, help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
if anyone can help on this seemingly silly question i just cant seem to get my head around.We have just moved into a 4 bed detached from our 3 bed semi, this water/heating system is a system boiler with boiler garage and hot water tank in the ensuite,previously
our old system was a vaillant combi, so water on demand and a drayton wireless thermostat for the heating. In the new house we have just got our heads around how long to set the water to come on to heat the water for a bath but im confused about the heating and what setting to have the programme controller on. Its a honeywell programme stat controlling the water and heating and a wired thermostat in the downstairs hall way.
Now thats explained :) what setting should i have the heating on, on the programme,to enable to control from the wired stat in the hallway and control and adjust from there.
options on the unit are off, on, auto,continuous?

I hope this doesnt sound too stupid, we have been left no manuals and i cant find anything on the internet that helps my issue.
Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
20160513_204427.jpg
20160513_204457.jpg

Set your heating times to what you want, allowing say half an hour or so for heat up time.

Set the thermostat to whatever results in the best balance between the missus moaning about being cold and the gas bill being too high.

Consider upgrading the thermostat to something like a CM907, or one of the clever thermostats. Would be an hour's labour plus materials.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6V-Gyu0ykkgRFNhNVJMMWV6U2M/view?usp=sharing

Sponsored Links
If I've read your post correctly, the thermostat will always control the heating, providing the heating is on at the programmer. The settings are:
Off - Heating always off.
Auto - Heating on during programmed times.
Once - Heating on from the first on time to the last off time.
Cont - Heating always on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back