system noise and air accumulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the central heating system has come up to temperature throughout, the pump sounds as if it is moving air as well as water. Also, of late, there is an increasing amount of air that accumulates in some upstairs radiators. I'm currently having to bleed radiators about every four days. Where is the air coming from and what can I do to sort out this and the noisy pump?

Sponsored Links
Anon, I,m currently researching a similar problem & from what I gather so far air is been drawn into your system or you are loosing water which is being topped up thus causing air to be released from the fresh water. (assuming you have a header tank system)Check that your pump is not drawing air into the system on startup. You may also have developed a small leak which is having the same effect. Take a look on the Fernox web site for some tests you can do. Have fun!!

I am having problems with my Gloworm wall hung boiler that is justover 1 year old.
Problem is that when the boiler comes on in the morning it heats up the water gets to the disired temp the boiler goes off the pump is still running and then the boiler starts what can only be described as blowing bubbles I have drained the system 3 times and
used Furnox each time I have filled up but the problem is still there I have also I have also installed an auto vent valve without success

Sponsored Links
I posted the first of these enquiries. All may be interested to know that I greatly improved the situation (but didn't eliminate it entirely) by reducing the speed of the pump - using the little switch on the side. Try this and see if it works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back