System or conventional replacement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sooner or later I'll need to get this boiler replaced (although I'm tight so it'd have to pretty much corrode away to nothing before I did!).

The house is a 'system' setup, with a megaflo tank, but as you can see in the pic the boiler is a conventional boiler. The pump/valves/expansion tank etc is all external.

There are plenty of websites now that'll give you a rough quote for a new boiler based on your existing setup, but if you choose 'system' then they'll try to sell you a system boiler with a built in expansion tank etc. What would people recommend I budget for? Replacing the whole lot with a new system boiler with built in expansion tank etc, or just replace it with a conventional boiler and keep the existing pump/expansion tank etc?

Thanks for any pointers!

Attachments

• 1 (6).jpeg
    1 (6).jpeg
    308.8 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
Plus, if you take the Megaflow out now, you'll only have to put it (other makes are available) and the associated pipework back when your new boiler needs replacing, should we all be forced down the heatpump route. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back