T Connectors on Central Heating Systems near Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have at the moment a central heating system which goes into the second floor and drops down to make connections to the first floor. It goes in a loop like normal systems do.

Is it acceptable to put in a T-Piece near to the boiler exit and return of the loop (essentially making two loops, one for ground and one for upper) because if it will work properly I would much rather do that since it offers these benefits:

1) No more pipes coming down from upstairs to conceal
2) Shorter runs of pipe, meaning I'll have lots of copper pipe some budding young gypsy can buy as they drive by quite often
3) I can take all of the water system that is above the electrical consumer unit out of it. Now it's been fine for years, people have over time fitted dead ends and all sorts and it's never leaked but I simply don't like it. IMHO water should never be run above a consumer unit why make such a stupid risk?

I'm assuming yes since it's got a pump but like to check with the pro's before making a mrbodge of it.

Sponsored Links
if you have a combi boiler you can do what you have planned but if you have a hot water cylinder/zone valves ect you will have to split the flow after the zone valves,what boiler do you have?

Yeah it's a combi boiler, no tanks or anything like there and the pump and other fun are inside of the boiler it's a "black box" so to speak, does the lot. So it looks like a go for the plan. Thanks pal!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back