T1-11 panels in the UK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to replace the rotting cheapo garden shed and have decided to have a go at constructing it myself.
I was looking at shiplap cladding but then stumbled across this video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q8ziLWP_YY&list=PLvEqlZAHVU9bgXRyTrxQtVdGD2egR8IgC&index=7

Very American - but the cladding seems to fix and look great. I've found out it's T1-11 cladding that is sold in 8'x4' sheets - but can't find a stockist in the UK.

Is anyone aware of this product being sold in the UK, or an equivalent; and if so, has anyone got any feedback on how well it performs?

Thankyou.

Sponsored Links
There's another product called HardiePanel (a sheet verison of HardiePlank) I've found a supplier int he UK that is sorting me out a quote - I think this stuff is expensive, it's a cement fibre board. Whereas I believe the T1-11 is a high density fibre board: engineered wood, so probably more affordable - but seems to be completely unheard of in the UK.

Has anyone had experience with the HardiePanel that they could share?

Cheers.

At over 40kg a sheet that will be very unwieldy to work with if you're on your own.

Fibre cement boarding has been used for a good while in the UK and performs well as a cladding, I have used Marley Cedral weatherboarding before and is quite popular nowadays, when you see those timber clad new housing developments its this stuff. I priced it up once for an extension and it was cheaper than upvc so is worth considering.

Sponsored Links
Hi Freddy, thanks a lot for the reply.

I wouldn't fancy lifting the equivalent of 2 plasterboard sheets off the ground trying to get some fixings in!

I've had a look at those and I think it's still a too expensive solution for the garden shed, though they do look very low maintenance.
I think the T1-11 sheets were probably priced more inline with traditional timber shiplap if I could find them. I think I'm resigned to using shiplap.

Appreciate the response though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back