Tap Tails/Flexi's - Quality

So we're still trying to establish - how does one tell the difference,
between a (wras) HQ flexi, over a poor quality one?

I'm no expert so just thinking out loud here, but perhaps the answer is 'with difficulty'! If the root cause of the common failure mode of flexi tails is compromise of the outer braid (resulting in the inner rubber tube unable to contain the pressure) then this strikes me as an issue of longevity and hence more down to materials, quality of construction etc which might be difficult to fully quantify and test for?

Perhaps more to the point; if it's not possible to determine with certainty a good one from bad then in all cases I guess it is prudent to regularly inspect them as even with poor quality ones I can't imagine they fail without at least some prior warning (corrosion in particular). Granted not always convenient to do and hence easy to overlook.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Another factor to consider is how the tails are installed. Any tight bends or kinks will load components possibly outside their design limits...many kitchen and bathroom fitters will just have horsed the things in instead of using the correct length tail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back