Tap Tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a set of flexible tap tails for a monoblock kitchen tap.

I had planned to get a cheap set from Screwfix however I notice that they state not suitable for drinking water... I'm assuming this is not the case with all tap tails as a lot of kitchen taps seem to be fitted with them?

There are some dearer ones which are WRAS approved, I'm guessing these are probably better quality and suitable for drinking water?

Another thing that was baffling me, on most dearer tap tails one appears to have a longer connector than the other, at the end which screws into the tap, for example:

http://www.sinks-taps.com/sinkstapsimages/large/BL_91351-89BBL_L.jpg

Why is this and will these fit a tap on which the tails are currently the same length?

Sponsored Links
The longer section of the tails is to allow easier acess for tightening them up as the nut sections will be offset.

Sponsored Links
yes a litle easier i'd say ;)

hey dex how come i don't get e,mail notifications anymore?

Because you can buy them dont mean you can (legally) fit them.

Fitting need to be WRAS approved.

As said before the connectors are different lengths because if they were the same length you wouldn't be able to fit them, the hex parts would rub together.

Beats me why you can buy things that are not legal to fit except in some obscure places.
This only encourages the uneducated, unaware or unscrupulous to use them. Why pay £10 for something you can get for £5?
This practice should be outlawed.

Another rant :oops:

yes a litle easier i'd say ;)

hey dex how come i don't get e,mail notifications anymore?
No idea - I turned this setting off somewhere ages ago. It's somewhere on the my profile, or edit or settings I think. If no joy, may be worth posting in the forum info section - think admin looks at this reasonable frequently.

Sorry for the hijack, op.

Because you can buy them dont mean you can (legally) fit them.

Fitting need to be WRAS approved.
I'm assuming that the "non wholesome" type are for basin mixers, which seems odd since thought all taps had to be suitable for wholesome water purposes :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back