Monoblock kitchen mixer taps wobble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just replaced my kitchen old monoblock mixer taps with a new one. The taps are fitted to a stainless steel sink. I've noticed that the new taps "wobble" when used. The nut underneath the tap is as tight as I can get it but the tap still wobbles. I am using flexible hoses. Could this be the problem? The old taps used copper tails and didn't move at all. Is there anyway to brace the taps or should I replace the flexible hoses with the copper tails?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank in advance.

Sponsored Links
Flexible connectors aren't helping you, and unfotunately the gauge of steel used for modern mainstream sinks is quite thin. If you are capable of changing to copper tails then do so. If you take one of the flexible tails to a plumbers merchant they may be able to sort you out :)

WIth posher taps you get a stiffening plate to go with unposh sinks, between the tap's E shaped fixing doobrie and the underside of the sink.
Try a really good plumber's merchant which sells lots of taps, they may have them for sale.

Pipes aren't there to hold taps still, they often undo and leak where that's the case.

You're right, chrisr, but having firmer pipework does assist in stopping tap wobble. And as long as the OP isn't swinging from the tap, then using copper right up to the tap won't increase the chance of any leaks. :)

Sponsored Links
Have occasionally wondered if there was some way of manufacturing a bracket that could be fixed onto the taps' fixing screw and braced onto the cupboard or even some sort of self adhesive plate on the back of the sink.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back