Monoblock tap tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi you are not happy with the tap tails that come with a monoblock kitchen mixer tap, say it comes with copper tails but you would prefer flexis. Can you get these or are they all specific to the tap?

Sponsored Links
either or, your monobloc should have either 10mm or 12mm inlets, the ends that connect into the monobloc itself, 8mm are rarer but you never know. Unless it's an obscure Chinese make that has been supplied with a weird size.

Take the copper tails with you and match the diameter of the end that fits into the tap with the flexi.

Sponsored Links
Be aware that flexible tails will provide a considerable restriction and therefore a lower flow rate compared to copper ones

Only thing I would add to that is that if they are 8/10mm inlets on 15mm flexis then the internal bore would be pretty similar at the tail end as the copper so little difference in comparison IME.

Only thing I would add to that is that if they are 8/10mm inlets on 15mm flexis then the internal bore would be pretty similar at the tail end as the copper so little difference in comparison IME.
But copper tails reduce fairly close to tap whereas flexies are small bore entire length.

On low pressure supplies (cold water tank fed) I found could make big difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back