Tape for gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What can of tape need to be used to protect a gas pipe? That is going to be chased in to a wall and bonded or cemented over

Sponsored Links
Thanks I am putting the pie in and running around to the meter. Then my firm are getting a gas engineer out to connect to meter and fit the boiler.

Thanks I am putting the pie in and running around to the meter. Then my firm are getting a gas engineer out to connect to meter and fit the boiler.

It doesn't work like that. The Gas Safe person should do it all.

Sponsored Links
I know that. But this is what my firm has told me to do. I am a plumber. Not gas safe though.

OK, if you are not happy, instead of publicising this on an internet forum, ask 'your firm' what to do.

do a quick search on here for wrapping gas pipe and the answers will all come up

If you are not happy then tell your company so. They should be providing all the materials for you and ensuring that the install is managed in a professional and above all safe and legal manner. If you are having to ask this then you can't be deemed competent to work on gas related fittings.

Guessing a hydraulic pressure tester would be needed for this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back