Tape for gas pipe

Sponsored Links
Guessing a hydraulic pressure tester would be needed for this?
As many have said, get your GSR to direct you, if there is one. The procedures for testing that the pipework is sound, is specific to gas and needs to be done correctly by the Registered Engineer as part of the commissioning

Your Gas Safe Engineer is the one to advise you, not this forum :confused:

Until there's gas going through it, its just a pipe !!! At the end of the day its your firms RGI that will have the onus put on him when its commisioned. Fit the pipe, get him to test it, then get him to tell you how to protect it as it depends on its route as to what protection it needs. Easy saying "tell your firm to do one" but sometimes not that easy.

Have to agree with the other guys, gas pipes must be tested before they are wrapped and sealed then again after, you cannot do this so either your firm get the gsr guy to do it, or supervise you doing it but he still needs to do the tests, what kind of company gets a plumber to do that rather than just get the gsr guy anyway!

Sponsored Links
I know that. But this is what my firm has told me to do. I am a plumber. Not gas safe though.

Just install it like a water pipe then, and plaster over it.

The GSR bod can then come along and order the work to be ripped out.

Then your employer will learn not to try and scamp the job.

Until there's gas going through it, its just a pipe !!!

Nope- a pipe that is designed:/installed to when completed be used to carry gas is, even with no gas in it by definition still A gas pipe.
When there's gas in it, it's a live gas pipe!

You'll be well aware that the rules and recommendations for installing a gas pipe are different to those for installing water or CH pipes.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back