Taps: Water does not shut off straight away

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Not a huge problem, just a little annoying (to me anyway!!!)

I have the following taps

P1000613.jpg

When I turn the taps off, water does not shut off immediately. It slowly runs for a couple of seconds, then drips for several more seconds then finally stops.

Anyone any ideas?

Sponsored Links
its probably only what left in the pipework between the valve and spout.

Hi
what are the taps feeding? why do you expect them to shut off water immediately?
probably agree with last response. there will be water between tap and final outlet to drain.
E

Sponsored Links
Hi
what are the taps feeding? why do you expect them to shut off water immediately?
probably agree with last response. there will be water between tap and final outlet to drain.
E

They are concealed basin tape. Our 'normal' tapsm once turned off do not drip, but I suppose they don't have extra several inches between the valve and the faucet end. As long as it's nothing wrong with the tap it's ok. Just wanted to make sure before plasterboarded and tiling over them!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back