Bosch Worcester 280 Shuts off after 20 secs

Ewm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Bosch Worcester 280 shuts off the boiler after 20 secs of running the Hot Water tap. The CH shuts off after about a minute or so.

This just started this morning.

As I watch it after turning on the HW, the pilot flame ignites then the main burner, then 20 seconds later they both shut off.

Very occasionally this year the Overheat has tripped but I don't think that's relevant, however!!!

Does anyone have any ideas :rolleyes:

Ewm

Sponsored Links
It sounds like a boiler which has not been serviced lately?

There are several possibilities but the most likely is the fan/APS is not operating correctly. This would need a competent CORGI to deal with it though!

Tony

My Bosch Worcester 280 shuts off the boiler after 20 secs of running the Hot Water tap. The CH shuts off after about a minute or so.

This just started this morning.

As I watch it after turning on the HW, the pilot flame ignites then the main burner, then 20 seconds later they both shut off.

Very occasionally this year the Overheat has tripped but I don't think that's relevant, however!!!

Does anyone have any ideas :rolleyes:

This fault got worse over a few days until it would not switch on at all.

Well Worcester wouldn't give me any info over the phone and just suggested getting their engineer at £178 callout + parts
I downloaded the circuit from the website and the faultfinding flowchart (which was useless).

The fault I finally found was the Central Heating sensor sticking at about 2 Kilohms which was just on the edge for telling the driver board it was at full temperature (it's about 10k cold on a good one I measured at room temp.

Hope this helps somebody else

Ewm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back