Teknik built-in dishwasher continually pumping out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Realised after 6 hours that the program probably wasn't going to finish! In fact it never starts. As soon as the main power is turned on, before you select a program, the pump starts to run and just keeps on going.

I've taken the two main filters in the floor out and could only find one small cover to remove in search of a blockage. This reveals a spinning wheel and a small exit hole.

When I chuck in a jug of water it seems to clear that reasonably effectively, down to about 1cm depth deep within the base of the machine. By this time it's sucking out only air. Probing the exit hole with a blunt instrument seems to release pressure from somewhere and about a cupful of water runs back.

I know I still need to rule out a blockage within the output pipe, but it seems that the machine will have to come out to get any further. Anyone got any other bright ideas before I start wrecking the kitchen?

Ta.

Sponsored Links
Dont know specific model but if pump running all time suggests leak into base of appliance,usually panel to remove to inspect base-dry out run and look for leak

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back