Telephone Speakers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother has recently been diagnosed with a condition called Ataxia that affects her balance. Obviously we are concerned with her falling, especially down the stairs.
I have rigged up a panic wristband that is connected to a dialler. The dialler allows you to listen in and speak but it is crap. I was wondering/hoping that there could be some way of ringing the house phone and being able to have a decent two way conservation with speakers placed at the top and bottom of the stairs. Is this possible please?

Sponsored Links
Why not contact your local council, most councils have a telecare alarm service. That are available 24/7 as if she falls you may be unavailable or have your phone switched off so it would be better for her.

My nan has telecare system installed by the council as she had a stroke and is very immobile, It was also installed & monitored free as she is on disability benefit.

Shes got Main control unit that dials the control room
1 x pendant that is waterproof
1 x smoke alarm
1 x Bed Monitor.

The bed monitor was installed as she had a fall in the night but didn't have her button as she takes it off at night, so between 2300 & 0600 if shes out of bed for more than 15 mins it sends an alarm. Also if she doesn't get out of bed before 0900 in the morning it sends an alarm as she could be ill etc. It also detects if she had a seizure

If you have to pay its only a couple of quid a week for basic system. Check out this website to see if your council run a telecare service

http://www.asap-uk.org/map/42299/find_a_service/

That a great help doherty1234 thank you very much. I'll have a word with her about the council option. My mother is only on her own during the day when my dad is at work so i think she will say it is maybe over the top at the moment and would prefer a more private set up. Either way i will look into it though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back