Telescoping stand part broken/missing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A long time ago I bought a cheap telescoping worksite light. When it was delivered, a part of the mechanism that holds it at whatever height it's set to was cracked and broken. The retailer couldn't do anything about it and just refunded my money, letting me keep the light. I can't find the cracked part and it's possible I threw it away. Can anyone tell from the pictures which part is missing? The idea is that when you tighten the big black piece on the stand, the telescoping top part is sort of clamped in place. It might even be possible for me to 3D print one if I can find out what sort of design it's meant to have. Thanks!

Wqct7cd.jpg

joyPA0e.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not sure anything is missing?

The separate black bit screws onto the part that is on the yellow pole and compresses it?
Maybe a small plastic collar like an olive or even a rubber O ring would do

Collet is probably missing, you can always wack a self tapper thru the stem to fix in place.

Do like the NHS do with crutches, drill a series of holes in the inner pipe at 1 inch intervals, and one hole near the top of the outer pipe. Make the inner holes larger for ease of threading, buy an R clip

Sponsored Links
Put a jubilee clip on the inner part , insert it to the depth required and tighten the clip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back