Temporary heat sink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm installing a boiler stove to the conservatory and instead of interfering with the existing pressurised CH system have decided to add two or three rads with open vent F&E tank etc. Most of the pipework is already in the attic including the tank since my old CH system was changed with the installation of a new gas boiler a few years ago.
I plan to run pipework from the stove along the skirting and then up into the attic and down to the new dual coil cylinder I changed recently with help from this forum :LOL: :LOL: .
The problem is that I have no way of running a pipe back to the stove from the cylinder without going up to the attic first and so I would not have gravity DHW circulation.
What I am thinking of doing is installing an old rad in the attic which would normally be isolated by way of an electric valve - if the electricity supply is disrupted, then the valve would open and the heat from the boiler would dissipate. Would this work?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back