TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES FOLDER help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since i have had my PC system restored, due to a malware virus....I can no longer find my temp internet files folder. I have clicked show hidden files. I have looked in my C drive , then documents & settings, then administrator etc etc, then there is a file called TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES. but it contains a folder called CONTENT IE5, and this contains other folders i dont recognise. I really dont understand, before my PC was restored. the TEMP I/NET folder contained evry page picture and sound file i had visited on the NET, which i found most useful. has anyone got any suggestions, hoe i can return to this setting!! :oops:

Sponsored Links
If your machine had a virus and you had someone rectify it, then they would have flushed the temp Internet files and righty so.

This area is used to cache web pages so that they load more quickly when you return to the site. However, as the cache fills up, your internet access will eventually appear to slow down as it trawls its way through the ever growing list of expired pages and mismatches.

Using it in the way you have been doing is kind of like using your recycle bin to store important stuff.

I used to use it for was grabbing pics of the net that were "right click disabled" for means of storage i used a 5ooGB ext hard drive. But thanks anyway, dont suppose you know how to get at the folder. all i can find is CONTENT IE5 , whereas the TEMP I/NET FILES folder used to show a list of everything i had been viewing on the NET :oops:

These instructions explain how to find the location of Temporary Internet Files. Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) uses the Temporary Internet Files feature to store copies of Web content on the local hard drive. This feature improves network performance but can fill the hard drive with large amounts of unwanted data. IE allows many aspects of the Temporary Internet Files feature to be controlled. This page explains how to find and view the Temporary Internet Files stored on a computer.
http://compnetworking.about.com/od/windowsnetworking/ht/findtempfiles.htm
:)

Sponsored Links
In IE7

Select Tools
Select Internet options
In the general tab, under browsing history, select settings
Half way down the page will be the location you require
Under this location are buttons to view objects/files

Back