Terminating a spur

Pi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I decided to remove 2 bedside lights in my bedroom. The lights were on spurs.

On removing the lights (and large piece of board they were screwed into) I found a channel with the cable running down behind some fitted cupboards.
I'd like to be able to terminate these spurs - however I can't locate where the spur attached to the ring it is - somewhere under / behind the cupboards. I'm not keen on trying to take up floor boards etc especially as I have fitted cupboards and the bed in there and not much space to move.
I understand that I should terminate spurs in a safe way using a junction box, not using electricians tape. For now I have taped each wire up with electricians tape. Without chipping a hole into the wall I can't fit a junction box.

I'm guessing as well that the cable should have been plastered into the wall not lying in a channel behind some board. I intend to remove the board completely now and decorate.

Suggestions?
Or an I going to have to call the village handiman?

Sponsored Links
sink a 1 gang box into the wall as low as conviniant terminate the cable in a chock block there and stick on a blanking plate

And don't call in the village handyman for DIY. Honestly, village handymen are probably a godsend to electricians who earn money by doing work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back