Terminating Coax Cable Runs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Have updated the CATV splitter from 2 out to 6 out as we are requiring TV in other areas on the house however I will not be using 2 outlets from the splitter and my query is... should I be using a terminator cap on those out ports or am I okay just to leave them 'empty'?

Also if I do a cable run from the ports to the new areas / rooms and there isnt a receiver on the end of the cable then is that going to cause any issues or should they all be terminated with something like below?

75 Ohm F Plug Terminator

Cheers

Ian

Sponsored Links
Best practice is terminate. It's more a cable network like virgin medias that have a forward and return path where terminating is really important though.

Appreciate the reply. Might leave the lower capacity splitter in situ at the moment until terminator caps arrive. Cant seem to find any at Maplin or Screwfix so will have to wait until some get delivered

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back