Tesco Slow Cooker SCSS12 temperature or power?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The box says three temperature settings there is a neon which changes how bright it is between LOW and HIGH there is also a WARM and OFF. I had expected to see the neon switch off and on once it had reached temperature however it seems to stay on all the time.

I thought the whole idea of slow cooking was the food was cooked at a lower temperature but noted that the food was boiling after 6 hours of cooking.

71–74 °C and 79–93 °C are quoted on different web sites as the range of temperature used and methods of cooking alters according to the temperature in the main because some beans if cooked below 100 °C can contain toxins.

But also vitamins are lost at the higher temperatures. I was rather surprised on opening the box not to find a temperature stated since it stated on the box temperature control not energy.

There is a simple box which the ceramic pot fits into and I fail to see with such a thick pot how temperature could be monitored. I have a temperature controller designed to keep my beer at the required temperature and I could use this both to measure and control the temperature but clearly it would take a long time for heat to reach the centre of the food.

Also of course if I measure for example 100° C I will not know if that's due to a fault or design. It is a riveted construction so no real way to know.

After 2 hours 40 minutes it had reached 80° C

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back