Test Board

Sponsored Links
Link don't work (rs ones quickly time out!) but I'm assuming its something like this? http://www.rapidonline.com/producti...inium+clad+wirewound+resistors&moduleno=65217

I'd use the 0R1 for most, 0R22 if you want a bit higher in some places, correct wattage is determined by P=I²R

You'll want them in all the conductors, not just the phase, and on every short bit of cableing that you want to appear a lot longer, so like between every socket on the ring final

Way to conenct them is to solder and then heatshrink, and then have all the sockets attached to a length of pvc trunking via a small piece of conduit and hide all the resisters in the trunking

Thanks for wiring advise!

What was I thinking!! :rolleyes: Of course I have to put resistors in all of the conductors. What a thicky I am :oops:

Another school boy error!!

Sponsored Links
It all sounds like a lot of work to me :)
The important part is to test for dead and practise the test sequence after nulling leads etc.
Having realistic values doesnt really matter, as long as you put the exact readings down on the form, even if it means 0.00 ohms.
Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back