Testing mains filter/suppressor on dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Is there a method of testing the mains filter/suppressor in a dishwasher,I have removed it?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is there a method of testing the mains filter/suppressor in a dishwasher,I have removed it?
If the dishwasher had a problem, which has gone away now that you have removed the suppressor, that would clearly be an indication that it was faulty. If removing it made no difference, then it can't really be to blame for whatever your problem was. Can you perhaps clarify a bit?

Kind Regards, John

Thanks John
I presumed it wouldn't work at all with the suppressor removed?

Thanks John I presumed it wouldn't work at all with the suppressor removed?
No, the filter/suppressor merely attempts to 'suppress' interference that the machine might otherwise cause to other things - the machine should work fine without it (provided you have left all other wiring/connections intact.

Is the machine not working?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I've replaced the filter, restored mains and it didn't trip.
It now turns and fills but I've switched it off before it reached the point at which it "blew"
So I suspect the filter is ok and probably the fault is in the heater or pump? It had started to rinse when it tripped.

It now turns and fills but I've switched it off before it reached the point at which it "blew" So I suspect the filter is ok and probably the fault is in the heater or pump? It had started to rinse when it tripped.
I would have thought that both the heater and pump would have been used before it got to the rinse part of the cycle - unless you're talking about a 'pre-rinse'.

Kind Regards, John

mine starts rinsing cold, then turns on the heater some time later.

The suppressor looks ok.
I've refitted it and started a wash cycle.
The machine stops with a bang, tripping the RCD at a point at the end of the cold pre-rinse stage.
So pump or heater? Not sure when the heater activates.

The machine stops with a bang, tripping the RCD at a point at the end of the cold pre-rinse stage. So pump or heater? Not sure when the heater activates.
I would think that it pumps out the cold rinse water and then refills before starting the heater - which would suggest the pump. However, that's just an attempt to apply common sense - not based on any knowledge!

Kind Regards, John

If the pump is working OK (and not the culprit) you should hear it pumping out the pre-rinse water, and then hear it refilling, before the heater is activated. Hence, if you are hearing those things, it's probably the heater which is at fault, and if you're not hearing them, it's probably the pump.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back