texcom premier alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have installed a texacom 48 Premier alarm in our workshop , and its doing all we need, but we have one problem which I cant find a solution for in the manual , so wondered if anyone could help

we have 3 exit doors , and the system has a keypad at the side of the exit door everyone leaves by when going home , but during the day , other doors can be opened - they tend to get left open slightly sometimes , so when the last person out puts in the code and shuts the door , the alarm just faults and refuses to set . Trouble is you get the same exit tone when you go to set the alarm whether the doors are open or closed - know it says on the display , that the doors are open , but people dont read it - is there anyway i can program the alarm to give a different tone on exit , if an area other than zone 1 ( the exit door) is open, rather than the normal exit tone ?

Sponsored Links
is it setup into areas or is everything on area A?

You could turn on bell on arm fail, so the bells give a short blast if the system fails to arm so they would know to return.

You can set it up so its shows which zones are preventing the system from setting when you start the arming process and the exit tones don't sound until everything is secure , press reset to clear the screen and start the arming process again.

View exit errors turned on number 15 in configuration options if your struggling to find it.

The normal regime for setting any alarm system is to first check all doors are securely closed and that there are no open windows or moving objects in front of any detector (don't forget fans, or other electrical equipment also) then go to set the alarm, saves a lot of frustration.

Sponsored Links
Are the doors on the same zone or programmed for exit ? If so either put the other doors on a separate zone programmed as guard or reprogram as guard

. Trouble is you get the same exit tone when you go to set the alarm whether the doors are open or closed - know it says on the display , that the doors are open , but people dont read it - is there anyway i can program the alarm to give a different tone on exit , if an area other than zone 1 ( the exit door) is open, rather than the normal exit tone ?

I'm a key holder at the place I work and I'm responsible for locking up at home time, as part of that responsibility I check the alarm panel (after entering my code) before I shut the final door, if I lock the building with other exit doors open then I presume that would be gross misconduct and dealt with in the work place appropriately.

People are absent minded and just want to get off home at the end of the day.

Agreed if you don't lock up as the last one out that is probably a disciplinary offence. Should make sure they are aware of there responsibilities.

The suggestions I have made will help notify the last person out that certain areas are not secure and if the alarm does not set, that is no real substitute for checking the place is secure as the last person leaves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back