Texecom Elite Premier Alarm maintenance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've recently moved into a house and I have a Texecom Elite Premier installed plus a Texecom Connect box. After some reading, the system can be operated by an app externally. The system seems to be a hybrid system with wired and wireless sensors.

My question is, how easy is this system to maintain myself? Fortunately, I have the engineer code. Does it require additional software to configure the system?

Sponsored Links
1. it can be programmed with the keypad and engineers code

2. maintaining it can be done by an end user, however without some knowledge and understanding you may get things wrong, same with cars and mechanics versus diy I guess. I cant judge how easy you as an individual will manage as don't know your skills or knowledge levels.

3.Texecom connect requires a Texecom cloud account, if the Texecom connect is on V1 app and or the smart com hasn't been upgraded to version 3 or above it will need replacing.

4. You can use Wintex, or if the panel is the right version and the smart com is up to date you can use the Texecom cloud with a subscription.

5. Texecom connect will need releasing from the current engineers portal for you to have access.

1. it can be programmed with the keypad and engineers code

2. maintaining it can be done by an end user, however without some knowledge and understanding you may get things wrong, same with cars and mechanics versus diy I guess. I cant judge how easy you as an individual will manage as don't know your skills or knowledge levels.

3.Texecom connect requires a Texecom cloud account, if the Texecom connect is on V1 app and or the smart com hasn't been upgraded to version 3 or above it will need replacing.

4. You can use Wintex, or if the panel is the right version and the smart com is up to date you can use the Texecom cloud with a subscription.

5. Texecom connect will need releasing from the current engineers portal for you to have access.
Do I have to release the Connect App from the installer cloud to continue to maintain the system? It works just fine. All I want to do is change the batteries to keep the alarm system going. The app version is 1.0.12.7, The smartcom version is 03.3.00

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back