Texecom Installer in Wolverhampton needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been searching alarm companies around the Wolverhampton area looking for a Texecom installer, but had no luck. Where are you all you guys hiding?!?!

I've also tried the SSAIB list for my area but had no joy. I must have phoned over 20 companies none use Texecom products.

I live in a 1970, 4 bedroom detatached house, with an integral garage. It has solid walls downstairs i.e. not plasterboard. It has 2 entrance/exit doors and a patio.

I'm looking to install:

1 x Premier Elite 48-W LIVE
2 x Premier Elite SmartKey
4 x Premier Compact PW-W
1 x 360 QW
1 x Premier Elite Impaq Contact-W
1 x Odyssey Bell
1 x COMIP/COMGSM/COMWIFI - Which is best?
Possibly a 1x Key Pad and a 8-XPW depending on advice. Is this system over the top or reasonable?

If any professional wants (or knows of anyone) to install a Texecom 48 - please let me know/get in touch........

It will be brand new i.e. not messed about with by me before you get here. If I need any extra kit I will get it.

I was looking forward to installing it myself, as I have done my old house alarms in the past, but I no longer can due to a change in my circumstaces.

I'd appreciate any advice going.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just few quick notes

Is door contact for entry/exits missing in you spec?
Also LCD keypad is required for the system but it can't be wireless.
Com WIFi gives wireless link so it easy to wire up but programming requires some understanding of routing/IP staff. Check if there is a decent wifi signal in place where the panel will be fitted.
COM Wifi or Com IP can give control over phone app so not sure reason for SmartKey

Firstly the 48live W as the wireless expander built in and it takes up all expander addresses, putting in an 8XPW isn't required.

The location of the main panel is very important as that has your wireless expander and if you were having wireless issues you my be looking at moving the whole panel, to be fair shouldn't be an issue for the panel in that property, without doing a survey I would be surprised.

I cant see many installers being happy with you buying the kit and then install only. As it creates issues in itself if there is anything wrong not that there would be.

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the replies,

Serge - 1)I think there is one door contact in the specs for the front exit. I'm planning on putting pir in the rooms on the other exit door & Patio. Will this be ok? 2)I'll definitely get a keypad then - It was very early this morning when I was working out the specs! 3)I'm getting the smartkeys for my parents if they ever need to get in and I'm not around - they are quite elderly and are technophobes!

Secure I Am - 1)Cheers for the clarification on the expander. 2)My WIFI signal is good all over the house so I do not think location will be an issue too. 3) I have a wad of vouchers for a supplier that were given to me as a gift, that's the reason for me wanting to purchase the system - I know it may be an issue but I'd make it up the installer. 3) I started on the NSI list and got to about halfway - nobody was doing the Ricochet system. Eventually, I wound up on at this website and thought I'd ask.....

Did you google Texecom installers in Wolverhampton ? Abbots and CTB both came up as Texecom installers ?

Not sure what the situation is with the comwifi/ comip at the moment as far as I can tell its related to using the apps notifications, I am doing some test using montex/texbase rather than the apps notifications and that appears to show a considerable improvement but it could be coincidence I just don't know.

The com gsm I have to be honest I have only used as a gsm module, not used it for gprs so don't know if that would make any difference.
The advantage with the com gsm, is you cant cut the communication, whereas the others if you lose the cable or phone line that provides your ip path you lose your coms.

I had a quick look and found P&R alarms about 30 miles way from your area are using Texecom promotional images so they may be able to help

I looked at one of those using a Texecom image and all there packages were Honeywell products

Hi Sparkymarka & Secureiam,

I did Google them. I've had no reply back from my calls or they do Veritas and/or other brands- not sure but they're on my list.

I'll try P&R thanks.

Hi there,

No joy from P&R even though they say that they do installations.

They wanted £400 just for a comgps!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back