texecom oddysey sounder security concern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, Here is a question I am curious to know. i have a texecom oddysey bell box.
You know how it has the engineer hold off by activating the strobe 3 times. well lets just say in the very unlikely event that the intruder with a little knowledge on alarms managed to trace the cable to the sounder and short the strobe 3 times what will happen?.

if the panel is in normal mode and the intruder shorts the strobe will the bellbox be disabled if he/she removes the cover or will it go into tamper?.

thanks

Sponsored Links
The wiring should not be exposed and if it is, then the system is pretty much compromised anyway.

And yes, it will tamper the panel. The panels only ignore tampers when they are switched into engineering mode for service.

thanks for clearing that up. my wiring is all concealed. like i say i'm just looking at the very unlikely and unrealistic worst case scenario.

so the sounder hold off mode would only ever work if the panel itself was in engineer mode. so if the sounder was in engineer hold off mode and the panel was not, the sounder and panel would go off on tamper.

Correct. Much easier to disable the standard sounder with a cordless drill though!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back