Texecom Premier Elite 24 compatibility with 32XP-W expander

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Texecom Premier Elite 24 control panel which is some years old and currently running v1.09. It currently has an ID expander but I am looking to replace the ID devices with Wireless and swap the ID expander for a wireless expander (32XP-W) instead.

From what I can find out they recommend v2.0 or higher for the panel to have full functionality. I’m not worried about all the advanced functionality and simply want wireless zones. I think the expander should work, as the ID expander worked, but does anyone know?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Matt

Sponsored Links
The answer is it depends on the wireless devices you want to use.

for example you couldn't add a wireless DT, and various other wireless devices, unless the alarm panel is flashed up is an 8 zone 24 panel
If the panel was a 24-w then flashing the panel would be fine, but the wireless expander part of the panel wouldn't be upgraded.

How many hard wired zones do you have now?
What wireless devices do you need?

for example:-

a 64-W new panel costs around £100/120 and kits may work out more cost effective if adding wireless devices.

a 32XP-W is around £90 to £100.

so a 64-w would give you the wireless expander, more areas and 32 wireless zones available and future space to add hard wired or wireless expanders.

so for £20 more you have the latest panel and shouldn't have any issues with functionality.

Hi

Many thanks for your response. I will have no wired zones when I swap over to wireless. The system is currently on an ID loop and I think parts of the wiring are damaged which is causing faults. The wiring is not easily accessible hence thinking of wireless.

I think you have in fact made up my mind to simply buy a whole new system. By the time I buy new PIRs, etc, I would have spent around the same as modifying the current system anyway.

Many thanks for your advice.

Matt

Sponsored Links
Hi Matt,

often the case especially when they put kits together, not a fan pet wise pirs included in some kits

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back