Texecom Premier Elite 24 False Alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just after some help. After 4 years of zero false alarms from my Premier Elite alarm I have had two in the past week. All from the same sensor which is in the shed. It is a Ricochet DT-W Dual Tech PIR and I can see no obvious problem with it, the battery is fairly new and doesn’t show any faults on ricochet monitor or wintex. The only thing I have noticed when looking tonight, there was a spider sat on the side of the sensor so wondering if the little git has been running over it ?? Can a spider trigger a dual tech ? I brushed it away along with the web so hoping that that’s it. Could it be anything else ? Faulty sensor ? I just find it quite hard to believe this is the first time in 4 years a spider has run across the sensor.....inside a shed? It’s bloody riddled with the things :eek: Also, the last false alarm happened within seconds on being armed, I was literally just pulling off the drive in my car and the alarm went off....shed PIR. I got out, cancelled and reset and then was fine.

Many thanks

Andy

Texecom Premier Elite 24 Polymer
Richochet 8XP-W Expander
Connect Smart Com

Sponsored Links
What exactly did it say in your log including time stamps?

Anything going across the lens can cause an alarm, but less likely with a DT.

Have you looked inside the device?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back