The forum (website) is quite irritating to use on an iPad..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thing is, I'm not entirely sure whose fault it is; DIYN's or Safari's

When writing a post reply, if I go away somewhere, fetch an image, or even just de-focus the text box, then come back and re-focus it there are occasions when the text box isn't exactly where the browser wants it to be on screen, so the page scrolls. Note, I'm not talking about the page scrolling up when the keyboard comes into view..

The more annoying factor is that the tap on the text box doesn't seem to be sent through to the page until after the scrolling occurred, so the actual thing that gets tapped isn't the thing I had my finger on moments before.. For example, if the text box is a little too far down the page, it will scroll up, then the tap that I made to place the cursor at the end of the last sentence actually hits the submit button instead.

I think the fact that the text box grows as it fills / post gets longer exacerbates the problem, because the iPad sees the textbox as having moved away from where it wants it to be even when just navigating the cursor round inside the box. It makes for a very frustrating editing experience if writing a long post, then wanting to tap on a location a few sentences back to correct a typo, scrolls the page and transmits the click, placing the cursor elsewhere

Could I request a mod to the software that disables the tex box auto grow on an iPad? I do prefer to keep the iPad clean of apps, so while "there's an app that doesn't exhibit that behaviour" is an answer, I do prefer to just use safari

Sponsored Links
In your browser, there's a setting where you can click "View desktop" and it will show you the desktop version

I’ve only ever used an iPad. No problems here and no different from any other web site I go on.

Sponsored Links
Back