The Future Of Education

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1. Teaching Maths In 1970
A logger sells a truckload of timber for £100.
His cost of production is 4/5 of the price.
What is his profit?

2. Teaching Maths In 1980
His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or £80.
What is his profit?

3. Teaching Maths In 1990
His cost of production is £80.
Did he make a profit?

4. Teaching Maths In 2000
His cost of production is £80 and his profit is £20.
Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

5. Teaching Maths In 2008
A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands.
He does this so he can make a profit of £20.
What do you think of this way of making a living?
Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers. )

Sponsored Links
My kids did GCSEs two years ago. I couldn't believe the maths, it was no more than second year stuff from when I was at skule.

That skit is worryingly accurate - funny though :LOL:

My daughter is doing A-level physics. I looked at her school text books and was amazed - and more than a little horrified - at the lack of maths in it. There were general ideas such as "Gravity is a force that attracts masses towards each other." but no formula for calculating the force! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Newton would have wondered why he bothered. :cry: :cry: :cry:

She's now up to the stage of looking at universities and has had to write off Cambridge as a dead loss. Why? Because you can't do just Physics anymore. You have to do some sort of General Science degree then branch off into Life Sciences or Physical Sciences half way through. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyone for Media Studies? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Very good...

What American educators did was pass everyone through (no child left behind) thus there is no passing or failing EVERYONE wins.

If you call someone a moron or a dummy even if it is the truth they feel bad and thus the liberals said no you cannot fail or belittle someone.

A high school education today is less then a 3rd grade education of the 1950's

Go to a fast food place when the computers are down see how much trouble the folks have counting change.

What they decided was to lower the bar rather then educate people this way the government under Clinton felt if they turn our complete imbeciles they could work on an assembly line of fast food place or even a plumbing /drainage franchise as now we have a generation that cannot read do any type of math without a calculator and its getting worse in the civilized countries.

Open enrollment means NO TEST TAKING to get into colleges no pass or failures everyone feels good about themselves until they apply for a job.

I had an IDIOT apply for a job I said ok I will start you off @$15 per hr and hope you learn fast

This moron was asked to cut a pipe 7 ft long and he came back 15 minutes later saying "how can I cut a 7 foot piece of pipe when the ruler you gave me only goes to 6 ft"

I told him he should move to New Zealand buy a staff made of wood go to a mountain top and raise sheep and if possible take a LEAP OFF THE MOUNTAIN.

If plumbers turned out a finished product like the American Teachers Union we we plumbers would be

1- out of business

2- Possibly in jail for fraud

3- Hung by the neck for stealing public funds for lying by saying "teachers"

Teachers went through school and live in a sheltered environment plus they cannot be fired even for child molestation
( they get a desk job like priests) so no incentive to try to teach the in mates in class.

Liberals sure can destroy a nation..

Tax and spend economics and will the billions spent on "education" they have nothing to show for it.

BUT Americans can sure make one heck of a Hamburger

If a person can ask "would you like fries with that oder sir"? they can get a job here so come on in all are welcome

FREE Medical (for non citizens) FREE housing, FREE food plus lots of "entitlements" just for the asking

Come one come all plus non English speaking folks get priorities in hiring so if you speak English act like you cant and just nod your head

Sponsored Links
Back