The guilty men

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am I being naive or, are we going to be seeing criminal charges brought against some of the greedy trough rakers of the financial world?
A water Company is being fined over 30 million pounds for some misleading figures. Railway Companies, building Companies and others, quite rightly, have very severe penalties levied against them when things go wrong, and the builders, plumbers, gas fitters and hard working artisans of this world, have a bewildering array of regulations and constraints designed to protect society at large from the small number of scumbags and scallywags who appear in every profession. However, where are the penalties which protect us from the financial bandits? ..Almost every day we hear of the "fat cats" of the financial world, skipping off from the obscene mayhem which they have caused, to enjoy their very substantial pay offs and pensions. The Northern Rock management seem to have come out of this tragedy quite well and others who, over the years have ensnared innocent people into taking up mortgages which, with sensible consideration, they would never stand a chance of repaying, seem to be able to continue without hindrance or investigation.
Loss of life seems to be the yardstick by which the misdemeanors of the industrial world are checked but, the financial world, with it's recent history of heartbreak, wreaked upon thousands and, yes, loss of life for those at the end of their tether,carries on with, so it seems, indifference to the misery it has caused. Times are now hard and, without doubt, will be getting harder, and it is time that those,whose recklessness and sordid conduct has brought much of it about, are brought to account.

Sponsored Links
First in front of the wall to be shot, the utility company directors and owners?

With the recent amendments to the Corporate Manslaughter Bill there are likely to be some interesting prosecutions in the future.

Have heard that corporate manslaughter charges are being served on a big house builder following a recent CO incident in some new flats near Heathrow. Flues routed through adjacent flats not correctly jointed or supported. Others where checked and a very high number were also found to have seperated. Blue van brigade have got contract to re-fit all flue systems, using one piece extensions

Sponsored Links
The emphasis has been on removing the controlling mind aspects of the bill which make individuals such as CEO's and Chair's of organisations accountable for deaths as a result of foreseeable malpractice.

This is going to have significant implications across the board ... Watch out for hospital deaths over the next few years ;)

MW

Am I being naive or, are we going to be seeing criminal charges brought against some of the greedy trough rakers of the financial world?
A water Company is being fined over 30 million pounds for some misleading figures. Railway Companies, building Companies and others, quite rightly, have very severe penalties levied against them when things go wrong, and the builders, plumbers, gas fitters and hard working artisans of this world, have a bewildering array of regulations and constraints designed to protect society at large from the small number of scumbags and scallywags who appear in every profession. However, where are the penalties which protect us from the financial bandits? ..Almost every day we hear of the "fat cats" of the financial world, skipping off from the obscene mayhem which they have caused, to enjoy their very substantial pay offs and pensions. The Northern Rock management seem to have come out of this tragedy quite well and others who, over the years have ensnared innocent people into taking up mortgages which, with sensible consideration, they would never stand a chance of repaying, seem to be able to continue without hindrance or investigation.
Loss of life seems to be the yardstick by which the misdemeanors of the industrial world are checked but, the financial world, with it's recent history of heartbreak, wreaked upon thousands and, yes, loss of life for those at the end of their tether,carries on with, so it seems, indifference to the misery it has caused. Times are now hard and, without doubt, will be getting harder, and it is time that those,whose recklessness and sordid conduct has brought much of it about, are brought to account.
thousands of people lose their homes, yet a hedge fund manager in the states earns £1.85 billion in commission for correctly 'predicting' the sub prime crash. My cat along with millions of others could have predicted it, the problem is most people are just the raw material this people use to make their money, they create a bubble to rake in millions then because they are on the inside they get offside before the bubble bursts.

...a hedge fund manager in the states earns £1.85 billion in commission for correctly 'predicting' the sub prime crash. My cat along with millions of others could have predicted it...
And did they predict it?

Do you like the availability of imported consumer goods?

Do you ever throw anything away that could have been repaired?

Do you live in a market economy?

Do you think you have any right to be cynical about the effect of it?

The whole of the country is corrupt i told you so years ago and nowt will change its always been there its just that now and again they get exposed i have seen no heads roll down my street, they say i apologize and thats the end of the matter, so if your a convict apologize and they will let you free it seems to work for those bas...tards

Nelson Mandela: "I'm sorry"
Prison Governor:" Ok mate you're free to go"

Sponsored Links
Back