The Lion, the Witch and the Political Correctness

notb665 said:
After re-reading and re-reading Slogger's post I think I understand it - I usually have trouble understanding them due to the poor English, bad grammar, bad spelling, no punctuation and the sentiment skewed by misguided aggression, but usually manage.

I can't help having three university degrees and using big words.

You've got 3 university degrees.......BIG deal :rolleyes:

I would have expected you to be a little more tolerant toward people (in view of your extensive acedemic background) who aren't able to apply the written word as articulately as you.

Sponsored Links
I did'nt say it woz a big deel. I am not eliteist.

Chek my signater. May be I shud put :p et al afta evry sentnce.

If YOU reed sum of Sloggers'' posts you will sea he is sumtimes reely rood and swears alot. We do'nt take it seriuslee. Wel I d'ont ne way. :p

JulieL said:
I would have expected you to be a little more tolerant toward people (in view of your extensive acedemic background) who aren't able to apply the written word as articulately as you.

You should have written 'towards'. I'm not patronising you, because patronising someone is when you talk D O W N to them.

AdamW said:
Apparently the new "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" has had any likeness between Aslan the Lion and Jesus Christ toned down/removed. Presumably to avoid offending fat bints in leggings (my past experiences of over-PC-isation have ALWAYS involved fat bints in leggings!)

Yet "The Matrix", with all of its religious imagery, and all those little factlets the fans come up with ("Neo" is an anagram of "One", as in "The One", or Jesus Christ!), I am yet to hear of anyone complaining about that.

Could it be that the Directors of the new Narnia films are just taking pre-emptive measures to avoid being boycotted by the PC-brigade, or are they themselves fully paid-up members of the PC-Union?

Fer chrissakes, Islam holds J-C as a prophet, and afaik most Jews believe J-C was real and a great bloke, even if they don't hold the Christian view of him being the Messiah. And I'm yet to hear of a Hindu who has a problem with people having their own beliefs. So who the heck is going to be offended because Lewis Carrol wrote in a character who is a metaphor for Jesus?

Narnia was the work of C.S. Lewis.

Sponsored Links
Campaign for the Removal of Religion And Politics from this forum.CRRAP. sign up now :eek:

can we have the

Campaign of the Removal of PC/Scaredy Cat Bullsh*t

started by The Scum rag an the other tory scum papers (oh yes the scum is pro toney the lying bas*ard child of Britian ,he who steals an funds from the dead of his devil war in Iraq is welcomed by The Scum readers )

where if you can Think about affronts to ANYTHING British
you get some "DARKIE "their words" on different pages to say it upsets ALLAH /ETC

dg123 said:
Narnia was the work of C.S. Lewis.

Well spotted!

I'm barely literate, so I'm surprised I even got one of the names right ;)

Scholars have confirmed that jesus was alive, there have been documentarys on discovery and the BBC confirming evidence that a man called jesus was alive during the period that the bible suggests, as to him being the son of god that is debatable.

JulieL said:
Oh come on julie you must practice what you preach, It wasn't that long ago you picked me up on my spelling and punctuation mostly it's because i can't be ars*d to punctuate or because i'm typing fast with two fingers i tend to hit wrong keys or the keypress doesn't register and because i'm rushing due to wanting to do something else that errors will creep in.

kendor said:
JulieL said:
Oh come on julie you must practice what you preach, It wasn't that long ago you picked me up on my spelling and punctuation

Did I really? I don't remember? - Must've been Dave writing as me............(only joking!!!!!)

To be honest I'm not really not all that bothered about people making spelling, grammer etc - as I also make enough of my own.

I made my comments in response to other aspects of the post - maybe I should have made that clearer in my reply

it's ok not having a go, just that i tend to type fast and don't always get the time to read through afterwards before submitting (waiting for the sarcastic remarks here :LOL: ) or i hit the submit button as an automatic response and have to re edit the post. so mistakes do creep in.
Or by the time you have resubmitted the post someone else has posted and so it comes up with last edited.... which canbe annoying as it makes it look like you've adjusted your post to fit in with the last post afterwards, of which i can whole heartedly put my hand to my chest and say i've never done.

Sponsored Links
Back