The magna carta, Democracy, Brexit and Parliament.

But as you know, Spain and the EU are not obliged to agree.

The UK has decided to give up its voice and its vote in the EU.

Hasn't it, Sammy.

I'm not sure what the point is you're trying to make. The UK have already made it clear we won't give up Gibraltar. Gibraltar have already said they aren't part of Spain.

A voice within the EU is irrelevant.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure what the point is you're trying to make. The UK have already made it clear we won't give up Gibraltar. Gibraltar have already said they aren't part of Spain.

A voice within the EU is irrelevant.
I distinctly said that EU would put pressure on Spain to agree to an extension.
I distinctly did not say that EU could overrule Spain's decision.
The EU would put pressure on Spain to agree to an extension because it would be in the interest of all the members of the EU for UK to have an extension, thereby avoiding a No Deal exit..

I did not say that the EU would not assist Spain in its territorial dispute with UK once we had left.
You are confusing and conflating the two issues.

There may be frustration creeping in to several EU members about any extension.
Brexit: EU wary of divisions over UK delay
"The whole point of Article 50 [which sets out the legal process for leaving the EU] is to go," a diplomatic contact from one of the UK's closest trading partners told me.

"The UK triggered Article 50 two years ago, but it prevaricates, debates with itself and hovers around on the EU stage."

Key players in the EU, like France, also worry about the presence of a resentful UK-in-turmoil at the EU decision-making table - having a say in the make-up of the next EU budget, and choosing the next presidents of the European Commission and European Council.
But EU leaders are united in regarding the prospect of the UK taking part in those elections as a cross between a nightmare and a farce.​

Last edited:
I distinctly said that EU would put pressure on Spain to agree to an extension.
I distinctly did not say that EU could overrule Spain's decision.
The EU would put pressure on Spain to agree to an extension because it would be in the interest of all the members of the EU for UK to have an extension, thereby avoiding a No Deal exit..

I did not say that the EU would not assist Spain in its territorial dispute with UK once we had left.
You are confusing and conflating the two issues.

I know what you said.

Sponsored Links
Key players in the EU, like France, also worry about the presence of a resentful UK-in-turmoil at the EU decision-making table - having a say in the make-up of the next EU budget, and choosing the next presidents of the European Commission and European Council.
But EU leaders are united in regarding the prospect of the UK taking part in those elections as a cross between a nightmare and a farce.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47610439
I think if I were one of these players in the EU, who were concerned about "a resentful UK-in-turmoil at the EU decision-making table", I would seriously consider granting UK an extension, only until 30 June, on the specific understanding that the option to unilaterally revoke Article 50 lapsed after 29th March.