The North Koreans

The people of Libya are regretting their 'freedom' after the UK helped them remove Gaddaffi; would North Korea be any different?
No. It would be much worse

Dictatorship "worked" in Iraq because Saddam kept a lid on the warlords and factions.
I don't know if the same case held for Libya.
If thar was the case though, I don't see NK as being anything like the same.
AFAIK, it is not a simmering pot of warring groups, tempered by Fatso.

If anything, it would be more likely to be more like the freed older robots in I, Robot, looking for leadership.

Sponsored Links
I don't think i missed your point: dictatorship bad, democracy good, right?
Nope. My point is more straightforward than that, devoid of any view whether socioeconomically or politically. And yes, granted, it's somewhat stating the obvious.

The world would be an infinitely better place if all the countries of the world lived in harmony, devoid of paranoia, the desire to dominate their citizens, other countries and a lust for power and control.

It's almost farcical to see countries around the world bring in the new year with massive celebrations, and then from January 1st to see the news filled with ongoing stories on conflict, war, power struggles, who's built the best bombs etc etc.

Nope. My point is more straightforward than that, devoid of any view whether socioeconomically or politically. And yes, granted, it's somewhat stating the obvious.

The world would be an infinitely better place if all the countries of the world lived in harmony, devoid of paranoia, the desire to dominate their citizens, other countries and a lust for power and control.

It's almost farcical to see countries around the world bring in the new year with massive celebrations, and then from January 1st to see the news filled with ongoing stories on conflict, war, power struggles, who's built the best bombs etc etc.
So, you wanna trip to DisneyWorld?

Sponsored Links
Dictatorship "worked" in Iraq because Saddam kept a lid on the warlords and factions.
I don't know if the same case held for Libya.
If thar was the case though, I don't see NK as being anything like the same.

Exactly. These 'dictators' understood how their countries worked and needed to be run. The West's woolly ideas of introducing Western democracy were always pie in the sky. We reap what we sow.

If I could pick a side then I'd definitely prefer to live in the US-centric democratic parts of the world than under a ruthless dictator.

But it's becoming increasingly obvious that the US has a huge vested interest in keeping various bits of the world fighting against each other, and may deliberately provoke them. Usually they're all a comfortable distance from the US too, unlikely to be a coincidence. The US would go bust if the world erupted into peace and hugs all round tomorrow, the arms industry is a massive chunk of their country's economy.

The US will profit massively from Ukraine, and also does from South Korea. This doesn't prove that either side is right or wrong, but it does prove that war is good for business, and an end to war would be very bad for the US and probably for us and several other arms-exporting countries too.

Wars are always good for bussiness
Always have been and always will be

This current war in the Ukraine is proving to be a massive R&D testing ground for weapons and weapons related tech

Blimey

I recall a few years back about some barber in London who bunged up a picture of Kim in the shop window with some slogan like

Come here to get your hair sorted or you may end up looking like this plonker ( Kim)

Some thing like that ???

He had a visit from a couple of Korean blokes advising that he took
The poster down ???

Reckoned to be diplomats / agents ? From the Korean embassy

Blimey may be I should take my post down ref calling Kim a fat ****
Don’t want Koreans around here I could be drugged up and kidnapped to North Korea

"Team America" nailed it.

Highly highly recommended film for anyone who hasn't seen it. It flopped in the USA, they're not very good at laughing at themselves.

Sponsored Links
Back