The North Koreans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are seeking more attention on the world stage ( again)

Kim il watsit is planning to build tactical nuclear weapons !!!

What is it with these dictaters like Kim and Putin who have to show off there new toys at every given oppurtunity with there parades of missiles

Kim needs to sort his priorities out

Sort his hair out and think about going on a diet the fat ***k :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
South Korean President Yoon Suk-yeol has said that Seoul and Washington are discussing joint exercises involving US nuclear assets in order to counter North Korea’s growing atomic and missile programmes.
“The nuclear weapons belong to the United States, but planning, information sharing, exercises and training should be jointly conducted by South Korea and the United States,” Yoon said, adding Washington is also “quite positive” about the idea.

Yoon’s remarks come a day after North Korean state media reported that its leader Kim Jong Un called for developing new intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) and an “exponential increase” of the country’s nuclear arsenal to counter what he termed as hostility from the US and South Korea.
On Sunday, North Korea fired a short-range ballistic missile off its east coat in a rare late-night New Year’s Day weapons test, following three ballistic missiles launched the previous day, capping a year marked by a record number of missile tests.

“This year could be a year of crisis with military tension on the Korean peninsula going beyond what it was like in 2017,” said Hong Min, a senior researcher at the Korea Institute for National Unification, referring to the days of the “fire and fury” under the administration of former US President Donald Trump. “North Korea’s hardline stance … and aggressive weapons development when met with South Korea-US joint exercises and proportional response could raise the tension in a flash, and we cannot rule out what’s similar to a regional conflict when the two sides have a misunderstanding of the situation,” Hong said.

@AlJazeera.com

Another sign of increasing tension is a statement from 'U.S. Indo-Pacific Command...[a] Chinese People’s Liberation Army Navy J-11 flew in front of and within 6 meters (20 feet) of the nose of an RC-135, a type of large reconnaissance plane operated by the U.S. Air Force.'
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin offered no details, but accused the U.S. of posing “serious threats to China’s national security,” with its surveillance operations.

Wang also renewed Beijing’s objections to U.S. arms sales to Taiwan, the self-governing island democracy that Beijing threatens to bring under its control by force if necessary. Washington this week approved the sale of a $180 million anti-tank system to Taiwan as the threat from China’s military rises.

APnews.com

In the face of all this increased tension: On December 23, the cabinet of Japanese Prime Minister Kishida Fumio approved 6.82 trillion yen ($51.4 billion) in defense spending in fiscal year 2023, starting in April, amid what it calls “the most severe and complex security environment since World War II.”
The increased defense spending will allow Tokyo to acquire counterstrike capabilities. The Ministry of Defense (MoD) secured 828.3 billion yen for ammunition-related spending, 3.3 times higher than the current fiscal year. It included 211.3 billion yen to procure 500 U.S.-made long-range Tomahawk cruise missiles. The MoD said it will deploy the Tomahawks in fiscal year 2026-27 as Japan aims to develop counterstrike capabilities. Tokyo will reportedly acquire the latest model Tomahawk Block V to be equipped onto Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) Aegis-equipped destroyers.

TheDiplomat.com

Screw North Korea, how are we going to sort our own country out?

Sponsored Links
Are seeking more attention on the world stage ( again)
Kim il watsit is planning to build tactical nuclear weapons !!!
What is it with these dictaters like Kim and Putin who have to show off there new toys at every given oppurtunity with there parades of missiles
Kim needs to sort his priorities out
Sort his hair out and think about going on a diet the fat ***k :ROFLMAO:
Exactly this, they are dictators. I've said in numerous threads on here that it's more than disappointing to think the world would feel infinitely safer and generally 'better' if we got on globally. Never going to happen of course (traits of power, corruption, greed, paranoia etc) however it's a nice thought.

To think these people and the machine around them have it within their power to make their country a better place for their citizens and to build positive relationships around the world.

When you think about it, it's pathetic really. We have more bombs than you.

Exactly this, they are dictators. I've said in numerous threads on here that it's more than disappointing to think the world would feel infinitely safer and generally 'better' if we got on globally. Never going to happen of course (traits of power, corruption, greed, paranoia etc) however it's a nice thought.

To think these people and the machine around them have it within their power to make their country a better place for their citizens and to build positive relationships around the world.

When you think about it, it's pathetic really. We have more bombs than you.
How safe would the world be if Korea was an integrated nation, supported by America, right up against China's border?

How safe would the world be if Korea was an integrated nation, supported by America, right up against China's border?
If you're suggesting China would be none too pleased, you've entirely missed the underlying point of my post.

If I was in charge of South Korea I'd open the border and allow everyone from the north a fortnight's holiday and/or migration if qualified. Those from the north could get a taste of the outside world and see for themselves that they're largely being fed nonsense by their government.

But this would never happen, in reality the border is to keep those in the communist part captive so they can't see what they're missing, much like the Berlin wall was. The North Koreans would cook up all kinds of nonsense excuses for why they couldn't do it. But it would be fun to put them on the spot.

Perhaps peace could be the best form of attack rather than willy-waving with missiles. But I suspect that the US likes SK to be at perpetual war, it's good for arms sales so peace would be bad for business.

Dictators seem to largely use the tactic of telling their people that they're under attack and need protecting for their own good. This is what's happening in NK and Russia, among others. Their people don't like their governments, but they're probably better off than being attacked by those evil bogeymen that they're told lurk outside. To be fair, NK was largely flattened by the US during their war, but lots of other countries have been massively bombed by lots of others through history, including us (on both sides).

Think about it.
These countries have always had dictators, they don't know any different.
The US and other "enemies" have nuclear weapons scattered all over the world as well as on their border.
What would you do?
Just let the US in and take over?
I knew Iraqi people who lived under Saddam regime.
They had a home, food, jobs, education and a national health service.
All of this available to men and women.
Now, after they were freed, they can't go to their country because it's too dangerous.
The ones left there are starving, dying of stupid diseases which could be easily cured, many don't have a job and a home.
The lucky ones made it to UK and Europe and are stuck here.
I also had the luck to visit Libya when Gaddafi was in power.
The easiest way to describe it is to compare it to Mayfair, Central London before Sadiq Khant.
Supercars everywhere , packed bars and restaurants, well dressed locals (men and women), vibrant atmosphere, a safe environment.
Now that they have been freed and democracy imposed upon them, they're worse off than the Iraqi.
And you think that the North Korean nutcase is going to let US and their accomplices threaten them.
I wouldn't.
BTW, I am no fan of the North Korean regime, but just trying wearing others' shoes.
Then if you blindly trust the USA, by all means, bend over and you'll be safe.

Think about it.
These countries have always had dictators, they don't know any different.
The US and other "enemies" have nuclear weapons scattered all over the world as well as on their border.
What would you do?
Just let the US in and take over?
I knew Iraqi people who lived under Saddam regime.
They had a home, food, jobs, education and a national health service.
All of this available to men and women.
Now, after they were freed, they can't go to their country because it's too dangerous.
The ones left there are starving, dying of stupid diseases which could be easily cured, many don't have a job and a home.
The lucky ones made it to UK and Europe and are stuck here.
I also had the luck to visit Libya when Gaddafi was in power.
The easiest way to describe it is to compare it to Mayfair, Central London before Sadiq Khant.
Supercars everywhere , packed bars and restaurants, well dressed locals (men and women), vibrant atmosphere, a safe environment.
Now that they have been freed and democracy imposed upon them, they're worse off than the Iraqi.
And you think that the North Korean nutcase is going to let US and their accomplices threaten them.
I wouldn't.
BTW, I am no fan of the North Korean regime, but just trying wearing others' shoes.
Then if you blindly trust the USA, by all means, bend over and you'll be safe.

I'm not anti US, but their pushing of NATO and antagonisation of Russia has definitely helped force Putin's hand, leading to the present conflict.

If you're suggesting China would be none too pleased, you've entirely missed the underlying point of my post.
I don't think i missed your point: dictatorship bad, democracy good, right?
Well, from our point of view we see one-party rule as a dictatorship in countries like China and Russia in a bad light from the way they treat dissent and threats to their autocratic rule. Fair enough. I wouldn't like to live in those countries either.
When America began it's crusade for spreading democracy around the world the Chinese saw them as a threat and intervened in Korea to prevent them becoming subdued by western democracy as they had been in the 19th century. The economic enclaves created by Imperial power ruined Chinese culture and i can't blame them for fighting back to preserve their way of life.
I'd have done the same.
Technically, North Korea is still at war with the south and they put on a show of strength to maintain an aggressive posture against any military intervention by America. As long as the 38th parallel maintains the dmz China is persuaded to keep out of it, preferring to focus on regaining Taiwan and establish control over the South China Sea.
If/when China does decide the time is right to invade the island it'll require North Korea to uphold the integrity of the border and make sure America doesn't take the opportunity to open hostilities in retaliation. Deposing Fat Boy Kim may 'free' the people of North Korea but to what end?
The people of Libya are regretting their 'freedom' after the UK helped them remove Gaddaffi; would North Korea be any different?
No. It would be much worse.

Sponsored Links
Back