The purpose of Politics

C

calorific

On the Thatcher thread, masona cited this article: http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/support-for-ukip-hits-high-of-15percent-1

The bit that really got to me was:
Labour MP Jon Cruddas, who is chairing his party's policy review for leader Ed Miliband,...

"For me politics was always about us (Labour) and them (Tories). Two teams, camps, gangs, crews, tribes - call them what you will - but basically left and right. I have never got the Liberals

And there was me, thinking that politics was about serving the country for the common good.

If Cruddas is a typical example, then no wonder we're up the creek. Politics isn't some little tit for tat game!

Sponsored Links
Yeh I think in some ways thing's have changed when Blair took the midddle ground and accountants and spin doctors started to rule the day, but when has the left realy flexed its muscules ,poor people got things given after ww2 in a land fit for hero's I don't think Kinnock and the like would have changed much.

Sponsored Links
Politics goes on in all walks of life, at home, at work, at the pub anywhere, and it is not just about government.

But in this context, it all does come down to two parties, two contrary opinions or options. Sometimes there is a middle ground, a third option, a third party and this is where the liberals come in and what Cruddas is referring to - the vague middle ground

think it all comes down to,who can steal most of the pound you earn without letting you know.

Sponsored Links
Back