The Tyranny of Democracy

The politics in a two party system tend to be attached to each other with an invisible tether.
As one party becomes more extreme, it opens up the centre ground to move into.
Which makes a very strong argument for proportional representation, which tends to stymie extremism of the right and the left! It may also help explain the success of the SNP on recent years (alongside the death of Donald Dewar, possibly)

Sponsored Links
Which makes a very strong argument for proportional representation, which tends to stymie extremism of the right and the left! It may also help explain the success of the SNP on recent years (alongside the death of Donald Dewar, possibly)

We have an un-stymied extreme left government and opposition.

The success of the SNP was due to disproportionate electoral areas. I can't remember the exact figures, but I think in the 2015 General Election UKIP got 3x more votes than the SNP, yet only got 1 seat whereas the SNP got dozens.

When the ultimate goal of a global government, which is openly displayed and a population vaccined up, is anybody left with a choice,?

Sponsored Links
When the ultimate goal of a global government, which is openly displayed and a population vaccined up, is anybody left with a choice,?
I don't think we'll agree on too much but I agree with you on your point about choice.

The political system in the UK and the West in general has been utterly corrupted. In the UK there is no choice at all. You can choose between neoliberal or neoliberal.

Starmer is in place to make sure that if and when the public gets fed up with the current lot (and can vote them out) then nothing material will change.

I don't think we'll agree on too much but I agree with you on your point about choice.

The political system in the UK and the West in general has been utterly corrupted. In the UK there is no choice at all. You can choose between neoliberal or neoliberal.

Starmer is in place to make sure that if and when the public gets fed up with the current lot (and can vote them out) then nothing material will change.
If I run too deep on here I can open myself up to all kind of accusations that are obviously unwarranted, so I obviously play the game. With that i do take your posts with an obvious interest due too the sentiment behind them.

There are a few idiots there always has been. The majority are good decent respectful people.

Brighton Vs Palace called off as they are big rivals.
Brighton and Palace are only rivals in the sense they're both 'bird' clubs - seagulls v eagles.
Palace and Fulham have a closer rivalry, i think.

But when it does kick off in the stands it's always a few idiots who cause trouble for the majority of people who just went to watch the game.
Heysel and Hillsbrough were caused by a group of fans who specifically went looking for trouble. Because of their actions the majority of football supporters are painted with the same brush.

Brighton and Palace are only rivals in the sense they're both 'bird' clubs - seagulls v eagles.
Palace and Fulham have a closer rivalry, i think.

They are both birds but there is a deep rivalry more so than with Fulham.

But when it does kick off in the stands it's always a few idiots who cause trouble for the majority of people who just went to watch the game.
Heysel and Hillsbrough were caused by a group of fans who specifically went looking for trouble. Because of their actions the majority of football supporters are painted with the same brush.

If it was any other team other than Liverpool involved it would have just been them thst were banned.

Hence why Liverpool Everton rivalry went a bit sour.

In fairness Liverpool were not the worst in those days .... just two tragic day resulted because of a few mindless drunk idiots. It could easily have been any other club bar the likes of Watford or Fulham and some more.

I (and I suspect many people) would agree with you.
Sadly, the two main parties are unwilling to countenance a potential dilution of their dominance.
And of course extremists of either party would argue vehemently against proportional representation because they actively seek that extremism.

Western Europe in general is swinging toward right-wing populism.
Sadly some of those western nations are blaming others and stirring up animosity. The future does not look rosy at all.

If I run too deep on here I can open myself up to all kind of accusations that are obviously unwarranted, so I obviously play the game. With that i do take your posts with an obvious interest due too the sentiment behind them
Forgive me, I think I mistook you for another user.

Kind of "Don't Look Up" isn't it. Boiling frogs and all that.

Do you do much on Twitter?

Sponsored Links
Back