The very best footware for work...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What do you guys find the best?

Just bought a pair of cheap ankle boots (worksite brand) From Screwfix which are so uncomfortable they are going back. Ive reminded myself I prefer trainer or shoe fit rather than boot or ankle fit.

I need some that are not to cumbersome for working in people's homes & prefer a smoother sole rather than tractor tread.

Do doc martens make safety trainers with a smoothish sole?

any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
sweet - try Coverse Allstars (about £30). I know they're not safety shoes but are so, so comfy, especially if you're into trainer types. I find trainers can make the feet hot but the Converse are cool (that's temp cool but they're also fashion cool!). With a flat tread, lowish profile and made of canvass (mine are black but colours are available but more important they lack those horrible name/trademark lables on the outside) so are perfect for indoors.

I use these and rate them as the "best". No Risk Armstrong S3 rated safety boot. Steel toe cap and high tensile steel midsole for the nails. Lost count of the times its saved me from getting impaled. And the comfort is superb. About £50 quid.
norisk.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back