The Wild World Of Pandemic Modeling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-comic-strip-tour-of-the-wild-world-of-pandemic-modeling/

Maybe comic strip, but quite enlightening about the real world of data collection / analysis as opposed to setting up data flows which are cherry picked to suite the result required from a particular model - Not so many models quoted when we will see the results for ourselves over time.
upload_2020-5-21_11-13-9.png

-0-

Sponsored Links
so the gov are going to roll out a giant IT based track and Trace system in June (10 days away). Yeah, that will be right.

UK Gov never do well with IT systems, I suspect this will be yet another giant cock up.

so the gov are going to roll out a giant IT based track and Trace system in June (10 days away). Yeah, that will be right.
Several countries have very successful ones that have been running for some time, but the UK as an isolationalist nation apparently wishes to develop it's own far more intrusive taxpayer funded but privately run system.

UK Gov never do well with IT systems
I have to say though that the 'Self-Employment Income Support Scheme' works rather well.

Several countries have very successful ones that have been running for some time, but the UK as an isolationalist nation apparently wishes to develop it's own far more intrusive taxpayer funded but privately run system.

I have to say though that the 'Self-Employment Income Support Scheme' works rather well.
Challenge for you LAL...Impossible probably....Try and post something without running your country down...You must be so predictably Anti and Negative towards UK in ""real life""..Is this recent or just since you were trapped here ????

Sponsored Links
You like making out people are "anti" something just because they disagree about one aspect of that something, don't you?

Back