Thermaboard -Dot'n'Dab Question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to plasterboard an old outhouse, ifs got 3 external walls (single brick) and I want to dot'n'dab thermaboard on to it (polystyrene backed plasterboard).

The walls have been glossed a few years ago and I'm planning on scratching the gloss so the adhesive can grip to the wall. I don't want to have to batten the wall the fix the boards to the batten because I don't want to loose too much space (the thermaboard already has 50mm of poly on it).

Is this an acceptable way of fixing thermaboard? does the adhesive fix to the polystyrene?

I will be fixing some wall units to it once its been plastered, but will use long fixing and go into the brick.

Thanks in advance,

Sponsored Links
Good idea to smear a thin coat onto the insulation backing (at the point of where dabs will be) so as to get a good adhesion between the dabs on wall and the board, you can also drill/knock in some nailable plugs the next day, (from the merchants) to make more secure also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back