Thermal board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Ready to put up my plasterboard, the drawings specify 65mm Thermaline plus, dot and dabbed on to my Thermalite Turbos (215mm) giving me a 280mm wall.
I have a couple of questions as follows.

I cant find thermaline plus in 65mm the largest on their website is 48mm, Is the 65mm a product that is no longer sold or do I need the thermaline super in 70mm?

Does the 48mm quoted above include the 12mm plasterboard and therefore the total thickness is 60mm?

Are there any alternatives to this that are cheaper? Any suppler references welcome.

Sponsored Links
Answer your question first..
It should read 60.5mm Thermaline Plus, equals 48mm of extruded polystyrene bonded to 12.5mm plasterboard, how ever this will not meet your insulation requirements.
Not sure of U values North of the border and would suggest you check them out. South of the border U values for external walls are 0.28W/m2K. If your Building Codes are the same, then to achieve this figure with 20mm external render on 215mm turbo blocks with a lambda of 0.11W/mK, then you will need 50mm Thermaline SUPER, repeat super, not plus. Thermaline super is backed with phenolic foam and is a completely different animal to Thermaline plus.
50mm of Super just scraps in and if it was us we would use 60mm thick. Your choice.
Regards oldun.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back