Thermostat doesn't cause heating to kick in??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've been using the forum for a while and find it most helpful, but can't find an answer to what I think is a basic question!

I have a fairly old heating system in the house, and the heating is connected to a timer switch (located downstairs) and a thermostat located upstairs.

Now if the thermostat is set to come on at 21, and it is freezing, it wont automatically come on, I'll have to turn the dial to a minimum, and then the thermostat will click, and the heating will come on. But the heating system will never automatically turn off again,even if the house is like an inferno! I'll have to turn the dial back down again, until I've heard it click, then the heating will cease.

It's basically like having an "on/off" switch I guess. Its a very old honeywell beige thermostat, and I wouldnt mind replacing it to be honest!

But does it sound like a thernostat error?

Thanks in advance :)

Andrew

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back