Thermostatic mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can adjust / increase the water temperature for a thermostatic mixer shower, without increasing the hot water to the rest of the house to scalding hot.

It's currently producing warm - hot water.

Before I resign to the fact that this may be down to a faulty cartridge, please can someone direct me to adjust the shower temperature first?

Thanks.

Mikey

Sponsored Links
If water elsewhere in the house is hot.
Then there must be a preset devic (antiscald) on the mixer, do you have instructions. If not is there a name, else post a picture I am certain someone will know on here.

What type of shower valve is it? some have pins in place to control the temp on the cartridge fascia.
P

Sponsored Links
It's a Gainsborough Royale thermostatic mixer. Apparently, this company is no longer???

Anybody got any idea where the water temperature adjuster would commonly be found for any thermostatic mixer shower?

Thanks.

Mikey80 wrote

Anybody got any idea where the water temperature adjuster would commonly be found for any thermostatic mixer shower?

Its the big knob on the front that you adjust you knob. ;)

Not as easy as that sider ;) Always get callbacks in the winter after fitting showers temps go down so the shower needs to be adjusted.

What a complete idiot comes in here for advice and lets rip with that

Mods Ban the idiot

Hang on Sime. I didn't start this. I asked for genuine help and got a sarcastic reply from sider.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back